Data fuels workforce productivity. But corporate data typically resides in disparate silos spread across onpremises networks and cloud repositories. Knowledge workers are forced to repeatedly disrupt daily workflows to gather information from this data sprawl — a time-consuming and inefficient activity that diminishes productivity. They need a single point of access to all data sources, available from any device, where they can share and manipulate the content resources required to do their jobs.
Consumerization and digital transformation have redefined the nature of work. Millennials, now the largest group in a highly dispersed workforce, rely on a combination of corporate and personal smart devices, mobile and cloud technologies, productivity and collaboration apps, and next-gen workspaces to do their jobs effectively — anytime and anywhere. These digital natives require flexible tools that enable them to instantly access and share documents on the go, facilitating and accelerating the critical business workflows that empower them to work smarter and faster.
Balancing Mobility, Productivity, and Security
The evolution of the brick-and-mortar corporate environment into an interconnected web of dynamic digital workspaces spread across countries and continents demands new ways to share information and ideas. Employees exchange files because documentcentric collaboration is a critical component of broader business processes designed to enable work teams to communicate on demand, add value, and maintain continuity. Document workflows drive and sustain productivity.
While facilitating the instant access that boosts productivity, organizations must remain focused on protecting sensitive data and intellectual property. In order to safeguard a company’s critical assets and comply with regulatory requirements and corporate security policies, IT must continuously monitor and control all user file-sharing activity. This mandate may conflict with the productivity priority, and security becomes more difficult to enforce when employees depend on consumer-grade public file-sharing services to mobilize data. Workers often bypass security controls to gain remote access to data and apps they need to do their jobs, but in doing so, they expose the organization to significant risks. Employee negligence, typically unintentional, is nevertheless the biggest cause of data breaches, and end users are the weakest link in the security chain.
1. Secure Content Collaboration for the Modern Mobile Workforce
ShareFile provides industry-leading security, auditing capabilities, and compliance controls for safe content sharing, allowing organizations to safeguard data, documents, content, users, and devices with one solution. IT can control, authenticate, track, and report on who accesses, views, shares, edits, deletes, downloads, and uploads files based on user location, role, and device criteria. Lost, stolen, or otherwise potentially compromised mobile devices can be locked or wiped remotely, ensuring that proprietary data is not leaked beyond critical borders.
The ShareFile Plugin for Microsoft Outlook eliminates the size limitations and risk exposure associated with exchanging large files via email. Attachments are converted to links with expiration dates, simplifying and securing sharing activities inside and outside the organization. At the same time, IT maintains the visibility required to protect sensitive corporate data assets.
Features and Benefits:
- Multilayer Security: Granular controls protect encrypted data at rest (with AES), in transit (with SSL), and during access and use.
- Enterprise Key Management (EKM): Company-owned encryption keys allow organizations to safeguard data within private on-premises and cloud repositories.
- Information Rights Management (IRM): The authentication process follows the file itself, ensuring secure access to sensitive content only by intended recipients. Editing, printing, screen capture, and other activities can be restricted, even after the file is downloaded.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): ShareFile integrates with existing DLP solutions to restrict access and sharing based on the classification of content inside files, preventing external sharing of sensitive data. DLP helps organizations enforce regulated industry requirements, company governance policies, and security parameters for audit reporting and compliance.
- Security, Global Performance, and Regulatory Compliance: ShareFile ensures reliable performance everywhere and compliance with privacy laws and sensitive data residency requirements (including PCA, HIPAA, HITECH, and SOC-2) in regulated industry sectors.
2. Access to Files Regardless of Location
Store and manage data in public or private clouds, on premises, or in a hybrid architecture. Access and share documents stored on the corporate network or in the cloud with a single solution.
Giving employees access to this increasingly fragmented data landscape is a challenge because every data source requires that its own website or application be used to view the files stored there. ShareFile seamlessly connects to data everywhere, regardless of where it resides, delivering secure one-click access for mobile users. In addition, ShareFile is one of the few EFSS offerings that gives organizations the choice of where to store files, allowing selection of the option that best meets the company’s needs.
Features and Benefits:
- ShareFile StorageZones: Choose where to store data. Manage it in on-premises datacenters, let Citrix manage it in the cloud with Azure or AWS, or adopt a hybrid approach.
- Restricted StorageZones: Rely on private data areas to customize file-sharing activity, restricting access to specific authenticated internal users.
- StorageZone Connectors: Connect to network shares, Microsoft SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, and more, extending connectivity to all your digital sharing and collaboration tools.
- Agility and Cost Savings: Continue to store and mobilize data in existing locations — no need to migrate content. Depend on a single solution to increase the speed and decrease the cost of connecting to data everywhere.
3. Document Workflows & Collaboration
Stop endless email chains and save storage space by reducing the number of messages with bulky attachments. Collaborate and gather accurate document feedback, approvals, and electronic signatures with a single solution.
ShareFile’s simple, customized, intuitive user interface integrates document workflows and empowers teams to get more done faster. Built-in co-authoring, feedback, and approval processes give colleagues a convenient hub to collectively create, review, modify, annotate, and track document changes in real time.
Features and Benefits:
- Document Management: ShareFile ensures safe exchange of internal and external-facing documents including contracts, proposals, training tools, onboarding paperwork, performance reviews, marketing collateral, sales presentations, and product information.
- Automated Notifications: Project team members receive reminders for review and approval requests.
- Version Control: Collaborators can track document changes across multiple data sources and devices. Workflow Automation: Document-based business processes are continuously improved in constantly evolving environments.
- Electronic Signature: Users can automatically send documents for feedback, approval, and electronic signature directly from ShareFile.
More than 20 million business users and 80,000 customers rely on the robust collaboration capabilities delivered by ShareFile. Meet the mobility and collaboration needs of business users and the data security requirements of the business without interrupting critical daily workflows. Empower employees to work smarter, and help your business achieve agility and flexibility to capitalize on emerging opportunities and stay ahead of the competition. Mobilize data, streamline workflows, and enhance security with Citrix ShareFile.